Today I am sharing a recipe I first mentioned last week as one of my new favorites. We have been making a similar version I found on Instagram (@busygirlseatclean) for the last year or so. Last week I decided to mix it up and make some changes to make my own version. It’s perfect for Meatless Mondays or to serve to your vegetarian friends and family!
Southwestern Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup diced yellow pepper (can use red or green too)
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup Mexican blend grated cheese
2 Portabella Mushroom Caps
1/4 avocado, sliced
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with foil. Wipe off outside of mushrooms with damp paper towel and cut out stems and insides.
2. Chop your veggies and combine first six ingredients in a medium bowl. Add cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper and mix well.
3. Distribute mixture into each mushroom cap.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Let cool and then top with avocado slices.
It doesn’t get much easier than that! These are a great and surprisingly filling entree, they also taste great mixed in with a little brown rice or quinoa on the side.
Hope you enjoyed another recipe from my kitchen, let me know if you would like me to share more!
We are heading out to London tomorrow but don’t worry you can check back Friday to read all about our evening at the Sydney Opera House last week.
Linking up with the Recipe Club at Momfessionals.