How do you like that alliteration?
I did a pretty subpar job of photographing pretty much anything from the past month that wasn’t edible or at least 1,500 calories. So bear with me. Here are my favorites from my past month in Texas.
10. Driving a car that I actually knew how to drive AND knowing where I was going at
all most times. That is something I definitely took for granted before.
9. QUESO. And real Tex-Mex. Although after consulting the scale, I am pretty sure I can go another 7 months before I eat it again.
8. Watching TV not through a VPN through the Desktop through the Apple TV and then crossing my fingers it doesn’t freeze.
7. Driving around San Marcos and Texas State. It has been almost 6 years since I left San Marcos and almost 2 years since I had been there last. It was so fun (and nostalgic) eating brunch with Marilyn on the square just like we did in college. Driving around campus I didn’t recognize half of the buildings. I am so proud of how much our little school has grown just in the past few years. Eat ’em up Cats!
6. Dog-sitting for our two family dogs- Scout and Gracie. This did NOT get off to a good start as one of the dogs who shall not be named got sick the first day I was alone with them and I had to clean up after her. But after I got over that, I enjoyed having their company and it makes me so happy my parents are moving home soon so they won’t be shuffled around anymore.
5. A real Target. Australia Target does not count.
4. Spending the weekend in Travis’ hometown- since I grew up all over the world and my parents moved away from Katy almost three years ago, I don’t have much to call a hometown. I always enjoy spending time in Victoria and listening to all his stories of growing up there (which every landmark and street sign seem to remind him of). This time we were in town for an especially fun reason- a wedding. One of the groomsmen from our wedding got married and luckily it lined up with our trip so Travis got to be in the wedding.
3. Seeing how our friends’ (and family members) kids are growing up. I realize I am getting closer to 30 by the number of little ones that are a part of our social gatherings. It was so fun to get together with my friends and their babies after not seeing them in 7 months (or some of them ever, since they were born while we were gone). It’s crazy how much they change in such little time.
2. Getting to spend time with all THREE sets of Travis and my grandparents. I am so, so glad that I was able to see all of them (in three separate cities) in one visit. Unfortunately we did not get a pic with Trav’s grandparents.
1. Hanging out with sooooo many of our wonderful friends and family. I am exhausted from trying to see so many people (that wanted to see me too!) but I feel like that’s a good problem to have. I am thankful for everyone that went out of their way to see us. I am also so thankful to Alicia and Marilyn who housed me while I was in town. 🙂
It feels so good to be home (Australia home, that is) and even better to be settling back into the routine of things. Now I am just waiting for all those aforementioned friends to start planning their trips down under! 🙂