Holy Moly how are we 5 months in already? As quickly as it has been going, 4 more months seems like an eternity! I am ready to meet our little baby girl already. This go around I was better at taking my bump pictures at the same time each week (Sunday evening), the only issue is that by that time I am in my comfy cloths sans make-up so please excuse my rough appearance. Also, it appears that my leggings in Week 20 completely sucked in my belly, but rest assured it was still popping. If you are bored of these updates (or creeped out by 3D ultrasound pics) you might want to go ahead and skip this post. I will be back later this week recapping non-baby related things.
If you stuck around, here is this month’s bumpdate..
How far along:
21 Weeks (and 2 days)
A baby bok choy, a pomegranite, a baseball cap… just depends who you ask 😉
- Finally getting the go ahead to share my news with my students (and their parents). Some of them were less surprised than others, apparently the parent rumor mill had been suspecting for a while. They are super cute about it all and keep wanting to talk to my belly and give me name ideas. I think I have said it 100 times but I really love my kids this year, they are so sweet and fun.
- Finding out Baby A is a SHE with my friends and parents! I was so surprised.
- Seeing all of her little parts at the anatomy scan (even though I thought she was a he the whole time).
- Starting to shop for little girly things and personalise our registry a little more.
- Narrowing down our name list- it is seriously so hard!! We just call her by different names every day trying to decide what sticks. But seriously- if you know any cute, unique names that don’t start with an A, I’m all ears!
- Spending more time with my parents over Easter before they went home.
Hair tie and belly band tricks are still working for jeans. My mom brought me maternity leggings from home, so I’m trying to bust those out any days the temp drops below 30 celcius (88F). The cool weather in Adelaide was such a cruel tease, I need it to feel like it’s actually fall ASAP. I pretty much live in comfy maxi skirts and tank tops.
- Pregnancy brain is for real. I am now no longer in charge of grabbing the keys in the morning after I’ve gotten us locked out of our apartment for the second time this month. This time I had a key… Just not the right one.
- Back pain!! I now know what everyone is talking about and it’s killing me. These exercises help, but I am going to a Physio this week to hopefully get some more relief.
- Heartburn- Dr. Google says no alkasektzer though.
Not going so well. I got a body pillow and it’s helping some.
Sugar. Chocolate. Burgers are still a fave too.
A photo posted by Courtney Alkek (@courtneyalkek) on
Shrimp still grosses me out.
Still walking or lifting weights 3-4 times a week. One of the trainers at the gym came up to me and said “sooo you’re pregnant?” he said he had been wanting to ask for the past month but wasn’t positive. He gave me pointers for training while pregnant which was very helpful. Travis is very sweet and takes time out of his workouts a couple times a week to go on walks with me in the mornings.
I missed being able to participate in wine tastings on our trip to South Australia over Easter. They did let me smell though ?.
Looking Forward To:
Moving next month and starting to put a nursery together. Right now all things baby are scattered around our house.
I have been on the fence if the little things I had been feeling were baby or just normal tummy behavior. This week though I have concluded it is definitely baby. Whenever I am laying down or sitting still for long periods of time I will start to feel little taps. Trav finally felt one the other night!
My mom made a few purchases at the antique store while she was here and so I’m starting to have a vision of what I want. Now to just find a place to live. I have been a pinning machine (you can see below), and I know I want a girly, shabby chic style nursery, so I am ready to get started!
Visit Courtney’s profile on Pinterest.//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js